Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Week 7 books

I decided to read How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff as my first book this week.

It took me a day which would be impressive but it's a book for teenagers. That said, I loved it and think I would have loved it as a teen too.

It was like The Time Traveller's Wife for younger readers; it had the same dreamy and romantic air to it.

I've just started the No 1 Ladies Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith; which is of course the first in his African Lady Detective Agency books.

They have come highly recommended by nearly everyone I know (including my mum) so I'm hopeful that I'll enjoy them.

I also thought they would be a good contrast to the Scottish books he's written, which I hope to work my way through this summer too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home