Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Caravan fun...

I was invited to my friends' caravan last week so spent a few days either basking in the sun or sheltering from the rain. Lancastrian weather is so changeable!

While getting sunburnt on Morecambe beach I finished Playing the Moldovans at Tennis. I found this book slow to get going but I enjoyed it much more once Tony Hawks actually started playing the footballers at tennis.

I was pleased that it was actually much better than I thought it would be. I have now passed it onto my friend Kathy as she has heard good things about his other Magnus Opus, Round Ireland with a Fridge. If these funny men like Hawks and Dave Gorman didn't have silly mates to set them drunken bets we'd all have a lot less books to read...

On Saturday I started The Kalahari Typing School for Men by Alexander McCall Smith; which I greatly enjoyed, particularly all the gentle digs at men.

I am trying to finish this series as I am visiting my parents on 17 August and wish to pass the new book Blue Shoes and Happiness onto my mum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home